Worm:SymbOS/Commwarrior.F is a worm that operates on Symbian Series 60 devices. The worm is capable of spreading both over Bluetooth and MMS messages.
F-Secure Mobile Security will detect both Commwarrior variants and delete the worm components. If files cannot be installed over Bluetooth, F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus can also be downloaded directly to the phone:
1. Open web browser on the phone
2. Go to https://mobile.f-secure.com
3. Select link "Download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus" and then select phone model
4. Download the file and select open after download
5. Install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
6. Go to applications menu and start Anti-Virus
7. Activate Anti-Virus and scan all files
8. Reboot your phone to kill Commwarrior process that is still running After disinfecting the phone, remove the remaining empty directories by going to Application Manager and uninstalling Commwarrior's SIS file.
Find the latest advice in our Community Knowledge Base.
See the manual for your F-Secure product on the Help Center.
Submit a file or URL for further analysis.
Commwarrior.F closely related to variant Commwarrior.A.
When Commwarrior infects a phone, it will start searching for other phones that are within Bluetooth range and send infected SIS files to the discovered phones. The SIS files that Comwarrior sends are randomly named, so that users cannot be warned to avoid files with any given name.
In addition to spreading over Bluetooth, Commwarrior will also read the user's local address book for phone numbers and start sending MMS messages containing the Commwarrior SIS file to those numbers.
Description Created: 2010-07-12 05:21:09.0
Description Last Modified: 2010-07-12 05:30:21.0