Using 'Check Now'
For: F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security, F-Secure Anti-Virus for Workstations, F-Secure Protection Service for Business (PSB) Workstation Security, F-Secure Anti-Virus 20xx, F-Secure Internet Security 20xx
Open the Anti-Virus user interface by double clicking the "F" icon on Windows task bar.
Start the database update process by clicking on the "Check Now" link on the Home pane.
For: The latest supported versions of F-Secure Anti-Virus products for Windows, F-Secure Policy Manager and Protection Service for Business Workstation Security
Download and execute the fsdbupdate utility program with all databases (Antivirus, Spyware, Spam, Parental, etc) from our download server. File integrity checksum for the latest fsdbupdate is listed in:
Using utility in Linux
Applicable to : F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper for Linux (version 4), F-Secure Policy Manager (version 9 and 10), Rescue CD
Download and run the utility (fsdbupdate.run) from our download server.
SPAM DEFINITION DATABASES
For: F-Secure Email and Server Security and F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange with F-Secure Spam Control.
Download the spam definition databases, then manually update the spam database in the product.
Instructions for manually updating the spam database
- Stop the F-Secure Content Scanner Server by either:
- Clicking the "Stop" button on the product's Web Console's Content Scanner Server / Summary page, OR
- Stopping the F-Secure Content Scanner Server Daemon service through Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services applet
- Unzip the downloaded file to the %Program Files%\F-Secure\Spam Control\ directory.
- If the product is installed in a non-default directory, unzip the file there instead.
- When unzipping the file, check that the setting "Use Folder Names" (or equivalent) is selected is selected.
- When prompted to overwrite existing files, select "Yes".
- Start the F-Secure Content Scanner Server by either:
- Clicking the "Start" button on the product's Web Console's Content Scanner Server / Summary page, OR
- Starting the F-Secure Content Scanner Server Daemon service through Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services applet.