F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus will detect both Commwarrior variants and delete the worm components.
After disinfecting the phone, remove the remaining empty directories by going to Application Manager and uninstalling Commwarrior's SIS file.
Alternative Installation of F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus and Disinfection
If files cannot be installed over Bluetooth; F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus can also be downloaded directly to the phone:
- 1. Open web browser on the phone
- 2. Go to https://mobile.f-secure.com
- 3. Select link "Download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus" and then select phone model
- 4. Download the file and select open after download
- 5. Install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
- 6. Go to applications menu and start Anti-Virus
- 7. Activate Anti-Virus and scan all files
- 8. Reboot your phone to kill Commwarrior process that is still running
Suspect a file is incorrectly detected (a False Positive)?
A False Positive is when a file is incorrectly detected as harmful, usually because its code or behavior resembles known harmful programs. A False Positive will usually be fixed in a subsequent database update without any action needed on your part. If you wish, you may also:
Check for the latest database updates
First check if your F-Secure security program is using the latest detection database updates, then try scanning the file again.
Submit a sample
After checking, if you still believe the file is incorrectly detected, you can submit a sample of it for re-analysis.
NOTE If the file was moved to quarantine, you need to collect the file from quarantine before you can submit it.
Exclude a file from further scanning
If you are certain that the file is safe and want to continue using it, you can exclude it from further scanning by the F-Secure security product.
Note You need administrative rights to change the settings.