Virus:W32/Parite is a memory-resident polymorphic virus that infects executable files with EXE and SCR extensions.
Once detected, the F-Secure security product will automatically disinfect the suspect file by either deleting it or renaming it.
Disinfection of this virus should be done as follows:
- Disable network sharing or disconnect from the network
- Set real-time scanner (on-access scanner) action to 'Disinfect Automatically'
- Scan ALL files (not just selected ones) on all hard drives
- Disinfect all infected files, delete all files that can't be disinfected
- Restart the computer
- Scan all files again to ensure that no more infected files are left
- Disinfect all other computers on the network before enabling sharing or connecting the network
Please make sure that the computer is disconnected from the network while disinfection is done and that all computers in the same network are disinfected. Otherwise the virus will re-infect already disinfected computers on the network.
As the virus installs a dropper with a TMP extrension on the hard drive, it is recommended to add the TMP extension to the list of extensions scanned by the F-Secure security product.
More scanning & removal options
More information on the scanning and removal options available in your F-Secure product can be found in the Help Center.
You may also refer to the Knowledge Base on the F-Secure Community site for further assistance.
The virus can also infect files on connected network drives.
Parite installs a dropper file onto the system.
Description Created: 2010-06-15 05:53:58.0
Description Last Modified: 2010-06-15 05:57:26.0