Trojan:W32/LongLeeb.A refers to a program detected as malware because it runs itself in the background without the user's permission.
Once detected, the F-Secure security product will automatically disinfect the suspect file by either deleting it or renaming it.
More scanning & removal options
More information on scanning or removal options is available in the documentation for your F-Secure security product on the Downloads section of our Home - Global site.
You may also refer to the Knowledge Base on the F-Secure Community site for more information.
Upon booting up to Windows, the program displays the following message box:
The message is in Tagalog and when translated to English, reads:
- Long live Gloria, FG, Abalos, Chavit, Jok Jok, Gonzales, Jose Pidal
Most of the names mentioned are references to real persons:
- Gloria - Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, President of Philippines.
- Abalos - Benjamin Abalos, former head of the Philippine Commission on Election.
- Chavit - Luis "Chavit" Singson, a former governor in Philippines involved in the fall of the previous Estrada government and the rise of the Arroyo government.
- Gonzales - Norberto Gonzales, National Security Adviser.
- Jose Pidal - secret name used by the Arroyo's husband in his bank account.
- FG – Not found/ no idea.
Once in Desktop, the following message box is displayed for a short while:
When translated, the Tagalog section of the message reads:
- Again, Long live Philippines!
Manny Pacquiao is a famous Filipino boxer. The desktop time settings are then edited and changed to the current time, with a notation in Tagalog:
For example, if the time reads 10.20am, it is changed to 10.20 UMAGA (morning); if it reads 3.20pm, it is changed to 3.20 HAPON/GABI (afternoon/ night).The trojan also disables the following programs/functions:
- RUN Command
- Task manager
- Desktop Properties
If the user attempts to use the disabled programs or functions, the trojan displays a message box with the message:
- This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
NetworkIf Microsoft Internet Explorer is run, the trojan also displays the message:
"THE ROCKER RETURNS!!!"
The trojan attempts to connect to the following website:
Which is the official government portal for the Philippines.Finally, an autorun.inf file is dropped to the root drive and together with another file dropped by the trojan, DrWetson.exe, is copied automatically to thumb drives.
File System Changes
Creates these files:
Sets these values: