Execution and Installation
Upon execution, this destructive Trojan drops the following file:
- C:\Documents and Settings\[User Profile]\Application Data\Microsoft\Speech\Files\UserLexicons\SP_[random].dat
This non-malicious file is used as part of the Trojan's payload.It then modifies the following registry keys:
By replacing the default values with the following string:
- ":: Win32\Hira.A - eCORE[GEDZAC] - I AlwAyS WilL LoVE YoU BeA ::"
Note: These registry keys may be added if they currently do not exist in the system.The above modifications disable program associations for the following file types preventing the proper execution of such files:
It also modifies the default value of following registry key:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\service\CLSID[Default] = ":: Win32\Hira.A - eCORE[GEDZAC] - I AlwAyS WilL LoVE YoU BeA ::"
The Trojan sets the following registry entries to disable Task Manager and Registry Editor:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System"DisableRegistryTools" = "1"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System"DisableTaskMgr" = "1"
By default these values are not present, in which case they are added by the Trojan.The Trojan then terminates the following processes:
The Trojan then attempts to delete all the files in the following directory:
- [System Root Directory]\
- [Windows Directory]\ServicePackFiles\i386\
- [Windows Directory]\$NtServicePackUninstall$\
As well as all the files under the following user directories:
- My Video
- My Pictures
- My Music
- My Documents
The location of these folders are derived under the following registry key:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
If a restricted or protected file is encountered, the deletion routine stops for that specific directory.
The Trojan uses the Microsoft Text-To-Speech (TTS) technology to play the following text:
- You has been infected I repeat You has been infected and your system files has been deletes. Sorry Have a Nice Day and bye bye
The Trojan also displays a message box if it is being debugged:
- Title: Bea TkMmMmMmM
- Message: I ProMise ... I Will Love YoU AlWayS BEa!