F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus is capable of detecting Cardtrap.AF with generic detection, so if the phone has functional Anti-Virus installed, Cardtrap.AF is blocked before it can be installed.
Disinfection with two Series 60 phones
Use the F-Skulls utility to allow for installation of F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus. Download the F-Skulls tool from ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/f-skulls.zip or directly to a clean phone from https://www.f-secure.com/tools/f-skulls.sis.
- Install F-Skulls.sis onto the infected phone's memory card with a clean phone
- Put the memory card with the F-Skulls tool into the infected phone
- Start up the infected phone and the application installer should now work
- Go to the application manager and uninstall the SIS file in which you installed the malware
- Download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus from https://phoneav.com and activate the Anti-Virus
- Scan the phone and remove any remaining components of the malware
- Remove the F-Skulls tool with the application manager as the phone should now be clean
Suspect a file is incorrectly detected (a False Positive)?
A False Positive is when a file is incorrectly detected as harmful, usually because its code or behavior resembles known harmful programs. A False Positive will usually be fixed in a subsequent database update without any action needed on your part. If you wish, you may also:
Check for the latest database updates
First check if your F-Secure security program is using the latest detection database updates, then try scanning the file again.
Submit a sample
After checking, if you still believe the file is incorrectly detected, you can submit a sample of it for re-analysis.
NOTE If the file was moved to quarantine, you need to collect the file from quarantine before you can submit it.
Exclude a file from further scanning
If you are certain that the file is safe and want to continue using it, you can exclude it from further scanning by the F-Secure security product.
Note You need administrative rights to change the settings.