This family of trojans drops files from the SymbOS/Skulls family. Members of the SDropper family have no additional interesting functionality apart from dropping and installing an embedded Skulls SIS file along with some additional non-malware software.
Please see the instructions below for F-Secure's F-Skulls tool. The tool will help in removing the Skulls files that were dropped by the member of the SDropper family.
Disinfection with two Series 60 phones
Use F-Skulls to allow for installation of F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
Download F-Skulls tool from ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/f-skulls.zip or directly to a clean phone from https://www.f-secure.com/tools/f-skulls.sis
Install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
- Install F-Skulls.sis onto the infected phone's memory card with a clean phone
- Put the memory card with the F-Skulls tool into the infected phone
- Start up the infected phone and the application installer should now work
- Go to the application manager and uninstall the SIS file in which you installed the malware
- Download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus and activate it
- Scan the phone and remove any remaining components of the malware
- Remove the F-Skulls tool with the application manager as the phone should now be clean
Description Details: Juha-Pekka Heikkila, March 24, 2006
Technical Details:Juha-Pekka Heikkila, March 24, 2006