A new variant of Netsky worm - Netsky.J was found on March 8th, 2004.
Once detected, the F-Secure security product will automatically disinfect the suspect file by either deleting it or renaming it.
More scanning & removal options
More information on the scanning and removal options available in your F-Secure product can be found in the Help Center.
You may also refer to the Knowledge Base on the F-Secure Community site for further assistance.
Eliminating a Local Network Outbreak
If the infection is in a local network, please follow the instructions on this webpage:
Descriptions of all previous NetSky worm variants can be found here:
The worm's file is a PE executable file 27648 bytes long.
NetSky.J worm has a few modifications comparing to previous variants:
- The worm uses a different mutex: "SkYnEt_AVP"
- The worm has message for Bagle And Mydoom worm authors in the same lines as previous ones.
- The worm uses the following subject texts:
- Your product
- Your letter
- Re: corrected homework
- Re: I've found your document
- Re: Your bill
- Re: hello again
- Re: hi again
- Re: part 3
- Re: important document part 2
- Re: important
- Re: Your data
- Re: Your application
- Re: your music
- Re: excel document
- Re: Re: Re: word document
- Re: Your details
- Re: My details
- Re: Your requested file
- Re: Read it immediately
- Re: Approved
- Re: Your software
- Re: my memberlist
- Re: Your document
- Re: Your file
- Re: Your important document
- Hi Mr. %s
- Moi %s
- He %s
- Yours faithfully, %s
- Message to %s
- Hi Mrs. %s
- Is %s.doc yours?
- Is %s.xls yours?
- Whats up %s
- Na %s
- Best %s
- Love %s
- Good morning %s
- Have a good day %s
- Dear %s
- To %s , it's me
- Welcome %s
- Moin %s
- Hello %s
- Your account %s is expired!
- Hey %s
- Hi %s
- www.%s.freepage.com, your website
- Hi %s, your product
- Hello %s, your letter
- Re: Hi %s, your archive
- Re: %s, your text
- Re: Hello %s, your bill
- Re: Hi %s, your details
- Re: Hello %s, my details
- Re: Hi %s, your word file
- Re: Hello %s, your excel file
- Re: Hi %s, details
- Re: Hello %s, Approved
- Re: Hello %s, your software
- Re: Hi %s, your music
- Re: Dear %s, Here
- Re: Re: Re: Hello %s, your document
- Re: Hi %s
- Re: Dear %s, Hi
- Re: Re: Hi %s, your message
- Re: Here %s, your picture
- Re: Hi %s, here is the document
- Re: Hello %s, your document
- Re: %s, thanks!
- Re: Re: %s, thanks!
- Re: Re: Hi %s, document
- Re: Hello %s, document
- The worm uses the following message body texts:
- My details are in the attached file.
- I have corrected your document.
- Please do not forget to read the important document.
- I have an interesting document about you.
- The sample is attached.
- Your personal document is attached.
- Your file is attached to this mail.
- Note that I have attached your file.
- The important document is attached.
- Please read the document. It's important.
- Your document is attached to this mail.
- See the attachment for further details.
- Your file is attached. Use this password for the file: %i.
- Please read the attached file. Password for the file is %i.
- Please have a look at the attached file. Password for decrypting is %i.
- See the attached file for details. Password is %i.
- Here is the file. My password is %i.
- Your document is attached. Your password is %i.
- The worm installs itself to system as avpguard.exe file.