Dumaru.F is very similar to Dumaru.B with the following differences:
- File infection routine has been removed
- IRC backdoor component has been removed
- Uses different email address to post the stolen data
- The email address where is sends the stolen data is updatable through the TCP backdoor
- FTP uploading of stolen data has been enabled. This feature was disabled in Dumaru.B. The FTP site it would use is inaccessible at this point.
Depending on the settings of your F-Secure security product, it will either automatically delete, quarantine or rename the suspect file, or ask you for a desired action.
More scanning & removal options
More information on the scanning and removal options available in your F-Secure product can be found in the Help Center.
You may also refer to the Knowledge Base on the F-Secure Community site for more information.
Detailed description of Dumaru.B is available at:
F-Secure Anti-Virus detects this worm variant with:
Technical Details: Gergely Erdelyi, 9th of September, 2003