Dampig.B is a malicious SIS file dropper, that pretends to be a pirate copied versopn of FaceWave application. The Dampig.B disables some system applications and third party file managers and installs several variants of Cabir worm on the phone.
The Dampig.B trojan disables Bluetooth UI, system file manager, Messaging application and phone book on the infected handheld.
The menu application is not disabled, so the user is able to use his phone, and download Anti-Virus to disinfect the phone without any special tool.
None of the Cabir variants installed on the phone will start automatically, but some of the applications that are replaced with Cabir executables, such as Messaging application, will be most likely called and thus executed by the user.
All of the Cabir variants worm dropped by Dampig.B are already detected. So the Dampig.B is already detected and stopped without need for updated Anti-Virus database.
Kill the Cabir variants that are currently running in the system:
- 1. Press menu button until you get a list of running applications
- 2. Kill all applications that look suspicious by pressing 'C' button
F-Secure Mobile Security will detect the installed Cabir variants and delete the worm components. After deleting worm files you can delete go to application manager and uninstall the FaceWavev5.20-3650-7610-6600.sis
If your phone is infected with some Cabir variant and you cannot install files over bluetooth, you can download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus directly to your phone.
- 1. Open web browser on the phone
- 2. Go to https://mobile.f-secure.com
- 3. Select link "Download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus" and then select phone model
- 4. Download the file and select open after download
- 5. Install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
- 6. Go to applications menu and start Anti-Virus
- 7. Activate Anti-Virus and scan all files
Installation to system
When installed Dampig.B will replace most common third party file managers, and key system applications with non-functional versions.
Spreading in: FaceWavev5.20-3650-7610-6600.sis
Disables following applications
- Bluetooth UI
Generic detection that detects Dampig.B was published for F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
on December 13th, 2004 in Detection Type:Mobile
Database:database build number 15
Description Details: Jarno Niemela September 29th, 2005;