W97M/Brenda is a simple Word 97 class infector. This virus makes lots of changes in the registry of the infected system.
The changes are:
Based on the settings of your F-Secure security product, it will either automatically delete, quarantine or rename the detected program or file, or ask you for a desired action.
Find the latest advice in our Community Knowledge Base.
See the manual for your F-Secure product on the Help Center.
Submit a file or URL for further analysis.
- Name of "My Computer" is replaced with "Little Miss Nick"
- If the machine has WinZip it is registered to "Nick FitzGerald the queen"
- The game "Hearts" is renamed to "NicKKK"
- A new user account is added with the name of Asexual
- Label of drive C: is changed to "n0nuts"
Nick Fitzgerald used to be the editor of the Virus Bulletin magazine.
He has nothing to do with the virus.