Bluetooth-Worm:SymbOS/Cabir.B is a minor variant of Bluetooth-Worm:SymbOS/Cabir.A; the only significant difference is that the Cabir.B displays the text "Caribe-VZ/29a" on the start dialog when the worm first or when the phone reboots (Cabir.A displays "Caribe").
F-Secure Anti-Virus for Symbian series 60 phones will detect the Cabir and delete the worm components.
After deleting worm files you can delete this directory:
Special Disinfection Tool
- Open web browser on the phone
- Go to http://mobile.f-secure.com
- Select link "Removal tool for Cabir"
- Download the file and select open after download
- Install F-Cabir tool
- Go to applications menu and start F-Cabir
- Select scan and answer yes when tool asks do you want to disinfect
Alternatively, you can disinfect the system manually by installing a file manager application and manually deleting these files:
There is also repacked version of Cabir.B that is packed into an SIS file which installs the worm into different directory and shows a text popup at SIS install. This is not a new variant however, as the worm executables are fully identical to the original Cabir.B; all differences are due to settings in the repacked SIS file.
For more details, see description of Bluetooth-Worm:SymbOS/Cabir.A