Zhelatin.TQ, like its predecessors, is a bot that communicates via Overnet P2P protocol and is mainly used to send spam.
Allow F-Secure Anti-Virus to disinfect the relevant files.
For more general information on disinfection, please see Removal Instructions.
Zhelatin.TQ does the following upon initial installation:
- Disables Windows File Protection
- Drops its rootkit component%SystemDirectory%\diperto[random]-[random].sys
- Drops its configuration file%SystemDirectory%\diperto.ini
- Exits the current process
To enable execution of startup, the loader component will create a Windows service to automatically execute the driver on next reboot resulting in the addition of the following registry keys / sub keys in:
The malware then tries to communicate with the other peers via the Overnet P2P protocol on how to proceed. It is basically downloading other component/configuration details via the P2P network. The malware has the ability to do the following:
- Harvest e-mail addresses but avoid those that contain certain strings
- Download messages to be used in spam
- Send spam e-mails