Dumaru.F is very similar to Dumaru.B with the following differences:
- File infection routine has been removed
- IRC backdoor component has been removed
- Uses different email address to post the stolen data
- The email address where is sends the stolen data is updatable through the TCP backdoor
- FTP uploading of stolen data has been enabled. This feature was disabled in Dumaru.B. The FTP site it would use is inaccessible at this point.
Once detected, the F-Secure security product will automatically disinfect the suspect file by either deleting it or renaming it.
Detailed description of Dumaru.B is available at:
F-Secure Anti-Virus detects this worm variant with:
Detection Type: PC
Technical Details: Gergely Erdelyi, 9th of September, 2003