A remote administration utility which bypasses normal security mechanisms to secretly control a program, computer or network.
Disinfection & Removal
Allow F-Secure Anti-Virus to disinfect the relevant files.
For more general information on disinfection, please see Removal Instructions.
This malware installs a DLL file to the system that provides backdoor functionality. The malware also makes changes to the Internet Explorer (IE) web browser start page and attempts to connect to remote sites.
During installation, the malware creates these files:
- %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Internet Explorer.lnk - Creates a quicklaunch IE, opens www.6700.cn
- %favorites%\.url - Creates a "favorites" link in IE to the page www.6700.cn
It also changes the IE start page to:
- HK_USERS\[...]\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main Start Page = "www.6700.cn?tn=1027271"
When first executed, the malware will create the files listed above. It will then execute the batch file to delete itself.The DLL file and driver are also installed into the system. From then on, the DLL and driver will provide the backdoor functionality.The malware attempts to connect to:
- www. buyaohenchang. cn/api.php?xxxxxxx
- www. woyaochidongxi. com/update.php?xxxxx
The malware will launch itself by adding this entry into registry :
- HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\[RANDOM] ImagePath = system32\drivers\[RANDOM].sys