Disinfection with two Series 60 phones
CAUTION This method will work only with phones where memory card can be inserted without removing the phone battery.
First, download the F-Skulls tool from from our FTP server to your computer or directly onto a clean phone, then:
- 1. Install F-Skulls.sis into infected phones memory card with a clean phone
- 2. Put the memory card with F-Skulls into infected phone
- 3. The F-Skulls starts automatically upon insertion and frees menu and application manager
- 4. Go to application manager and uninstall the SIS file in which you installed the Skulls.P
- 5. Download and install F-Secure Mobile Security onto your computer to remove other malware dropped by the Skulls.P, or download directly onto the mobile phone itself
- 6. Remove the F-Skulls with application manager as the phone is now cleaned
Disinfection for cases when phone is already rebooted and cannot start up
CAUTION This method will remove all data on the device, including calendar and phone numbers.
Sometimes Doomboot.F installs the corrupted file on memory card, so try to boot without the card. If the phone still does not boot use the instructions below.
- 1. Power off the phone
- 2. Hold following three buttons down "answer call" + "*" + "3"
- 3. Keep holding the buttons and power on the phone
- 4. Depending on the model, you either get text "formatting" or startup dialog that
- asks for initial phone settings
- 5. Your phone is now fomatted and can be used again
Suspect a file is incorrectly detected (a False Positive)?
A False Positive is when a file is incorrectly detected as harmful, usually because its code or behavior resembles known harmful programs. A False Positive will usually be fixed in a subsequent database update without any action needed on your part. If you wish, you may also:
Check for the latest database updates
First check if your F-Secure security program is using the latest detection database updates, then try scanning the file again.
Submit a sample
After checking, if you still believe the file is incorrectly detected, you can submit a sample of it for re-analysis.
NOTE If the file was moved to quarantine, you need to collect the file from quarantine before you can submit it.
Exclude a file from further scanning
If you are certain that the file is safe and want to continue using it, you can exclude it from further scanning by the F-Secure security product.
Note You need administrative rights to change the settings.