Disinfection with two Series 60 phones
Download F-Skulls tool from our FTP server to your computer or to a clean phone, then:
- Install F-Skulls.sis into infected phones memory card with a clean phone
- Put the memory card with F-Skulls into infected phone
- Start up the infected phone. The application menu should work now
- Press menu button until you get Symbian process menu, look for any applications with strange icons. Kill the application processes with 'C' button.
- Go to application manager and uninstall the SIS file in which you installed the Singlejump.J
- Download F-Secure Mobile Security and activate it
- Scan the phone and remove any remaining components of Singlejump.J
- Remove the F-Skulls with application manager as the phone is now cleaned
Disinfection for cases when phone is already rebooted and cannot start up
CAUTION This method will remove all data on the device, including calendar and phone numbers.
- Power off the phone
- Hold following three buttons down "answer call" + "*" + "3"
- Keep holding the buttons and power on the phone
- Depending on the model, you either get text "formatting" or start-up dialog that asks for initial phone settings
- Your phone is now formatted and can be used again
Suspect a file is incorrectly detected (a False Positive)?
A False Positive is when a file is incorrectly detected as harmful, usually because its code or behavior resembles known harmful programs. A False Positive will usually be fixed in a subsequent database update without any action needed on your part. If you wish, you may also:
Check for the latest database updates
First check if your F-Secure security program is using the latest detection database updates, then try scanning the file again.
Submit a sample
After checking, if you still believe the file is incorrectly detected, you can submit a sample of it for re-analysis.
NOTE If the file was moved to quarantine, you need to collect the file from quarantine before you can submit it.
Exclude a file from further scanning
If you are certain that the file is safe and want to continue using it, you can exclude it from further scanning by the F-Secure security product.
Note You need administrative rights to change the settings.