Disinfection of the Fujack.K virus-worm should be performed as follows:
- Disconnect a computer or local network from the Internet.
- Disable network sharing or set strong passwords for all shares.
- Select the "Disinfect Automatically" action for F-Secure Anti-Virus real-time scanners on all computers. With "Disinfect Automatically" selected, F-Secure Anti-Virus will disinfect files that a virus tries to infect over a network (if sharing was not disabled).
- Scan all files on all drives on all computers and MANUALLY select the "Disinfect" action to disinfect all infected files and to rename the virus droppers. DO NOT select automatic disinfection option after the scan!
- Restart all disinfected computers.
- Scan all hard drives on disinfected computers again to make sure that no more infected files are left. If needed, repeat disinfection procedure.
- Disinfect all infected computers connected on the network.
- Enable network sharing, keep strong share passwords.
- Reconnect the disinfected computer or local network to the Internet.
Suspect a file is incorrectly detected (a False Positive)?
A False Positive is when a file is incorrectly detected as harmful, usually because its code or behavior resembles known harmful programs. A False Positive will usually be fixed in a subsequent database update without any action needed on your part. If you wish, you may also:
Check for the latest database updates
First check if your F-Secure security program is using the latest detection database updates, then try scanning the file again.
Submit a sample
After checking, if you still believe the file is incorrectly detected, you can submit a sample of it for re-analysis.
NOTE If the file was moved to quarantine, you need to collect the file from quarantine before you can submit it.
Exclude a file from further scanning
If you are certain that the file is safe and want to continue using it, you can exclude it from further scanning by the F-Secure security product.
Note You need administrative rights to change the settings.