F-Secure Mobile Security will detect Fontal.G and delete the trojan's components.
1. Open web browser on the phone
2. Go to https://mobile.f-secure.com
3. Select link "Download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus" and then select phone model
4. Download the file and select open after download
5. Install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
6. Go to applications menu and start Anti-Virus
7. Activate Anti-Virus and scan all files
After disinfecting your phone, you can remove remaining empty directories by going to the application manager and uninstalling the SIS file in which Fontal.G arrived (Nokia Anti-Virus.sis).
Disinfection for cases where phone is already rebooted and cannot start up
CAUTION This method will remove all data on the device, including calendar and phone numbers.
- 1. Power off the phone
- 2. Hold following three buttons down "answer call" + "*" + "3"
- 3. Keep holding the buttons and power on the phone
- 4. Depending on the model, you either get text "formatting" or startup dialog that asks for initial phone settings
- 5. Your phone is now formatted and can be used again