Trojan:SymbOS/Fontal.G is distributed in a malicious SIS file named 'Nokia Anti-Virus.sis' and claims to be Nokia Anti-Virus for Symbian devices.
F-Secure Mobile Security will detect Fontal.G and delete the trojan's components.
1. Open web browser on the phone
2. Go to https://mobile.f-secure.com
3. Select link "Download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus" and then select phone model
4. Download the file and select open after download
5. Install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
6. Go to applications menu and start Anti-Virus
7. Activate Anti-Virus and scan all files
After disinfecting your phone, you can remove remaining empty directories by going to the application manager and uninstalling the SIS file in which Fontal.G arrived (Nokia Anti-Virus.sis).
CAUTION This method will remove all data on the device, including calendar and phone numbers.
During installation, Fontal.G will show the following installation text:
Nokia Anti-Virus keep your phone protected from mobile virus. Please restart your phone after installation complete to activate your anti-virus product. If you found any problem regarding this software, please call :
If a phone is infected with Fontal.G, it must not be rebooted as the trojan will prevent the phone from booting again. If the phone is rebooted, it will try to boot, but will be forever stuck on phone startup and cannot be used.
When the Fontal.G SIS file is installed the installer copies files into following locations:
Date Created: -
Date Last Modified: -