Zhelatin.TQ, like its predecessors, is a bot that communicates via Overnet P2P protocol and is mainly used to send spam.
Once detected, the F-Secure security product will automatically disinfect the suspect file by either deleting it or renaming it.
More scanning & removal options
More information on scanning or removal options is available in the documentation for your F-Secure security product on the Downloads section of our Home - Global site.
You may also refer to the Knowledge Base on the F-Secure Community site for more information.
Zhelatin.TQ does the following upon initial installation:
- Disables Windows File Protection
- Drops its rootkit component%SystemDirectory%\diperto[random]-[random].sys
- Drops its configuration file%SystemDirectory%\diperto.ini
- Exits the current process
To enable execution of startup, the loader component will create a Windows service to automatically execute the driver on next reboot resulting in the addition of the following registry keys / sub keys in:
The malware then tries to communicate with the other peers via the Overnet P2P protocol on how to proceed. It is basically downloading other component/configuration details via the P2P network. The malware has the ability to do the following:
- Harvest e-mail addresses but avoid those that contain certain strings
- Download messages to be used in spam
- Send spam e-mails