A remote administration utility which bypasses normal security mechanisms to secretly control a program, computer or network.
Depending on the settings of your F-Secure security product, it will either automatically delete, quarantine or rename the suspect file, or ask you for a desired action.
More scanning & removal options
More information on the scanning and removal options available in your F-Secure product can be found in the Help Center.
You may also refer to the Knowledge Base on the F-Secure Community site for more information.
This malware installs a DLL file to the system that provides backdoor functionality. The malware also makes changes to the Internet Explorer (IE) web browser start page and attempts to connect to remote sites.
During installation, the malware creates these files:
- %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Internet Explorer.lnk - Creates a quicklaunch IE, opens www.6700.cn
- %favorites%\.url - Creates a "favorites" link in IE to the page www.6700.cn
It also changes the IE start page to:
- HK_USERS\[...]\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main Start Page = "www.6700.cn?tn=1027271"
When first executed, the malware will create the files listed above. It will then execute the batch file to delete itself.The DLL file and driver are also installed into the system. From then on, the DLL and driver will provide the backdoor functionality.The malware attempts to connect to:
- www. buyaohenchang. cn/api.php?xxxxxxx
- www. woyaochidongxi. com/update.php?xxxxx
The malware will launch itself by adding this entry into registry :
- HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\[RANDOM] ImagePath = system32\drivers\[RANDOM].sys