Agent.BAO, a variant of Agent, is a Trojan. Agent.BAO downloads different trojans and backdoors and activate them on an affected system without user's approval.
Once detected, the F-Secure security product will automatically disinfect the suspect file by either deleting it or renaming it.
More scanning & removal options
More information on scanning or removal options is available in the documentation for your F-Secure security product on the Downloads section of our Home - Global site.
You may also refer to the Knowledge Base on the F-Secure Community site for more information.
Agent.BAO is a trojan downloader. It connects to a specified site on the Internet and gets more malicious download links.
Upon execution, it drops a copy of itself from the following location:
It also creates a service with the following service name:
- 000Kendy Demo Service
It adds the following service registry entry:
- [HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\000Kendy Service]ImagePath=%sysdir%\svch0st.exe
It downloads a text file from the following site:
This text file contains download links of other malware.
Below is the list of some of the download sites gathered and the corresponding detection name of the downloaded files:
- http://22.214.171.124/data6/j[REMOVED].exe - Packed.Win32.NSAnti.b
- https://126.96.36.199/data6/w[REMOVED].exe - Trojan-PSW.Win32.Lmir.bdb
- https://188.8.131.52/data6/m[REMOVED].exe - Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.bxa
- https://184.108.40.206/data6/w[REMOVED].exe - Trojan-PSW.Win32.Agent.im
- https://220.127.116.11/data6/m[REMOVED].exe - Trojan-PSW.Win32.Delf.fz
- https://18.104.22.168/data6/j[REMOVED].exe - Backdoor.Win32.Agent.aex
- https://22.214.171.124/data6/w[REMOVED].exe - Backdoor.Win32.Agent.aex
- https://126.96.36.199/data6/z[REMOVED].exe - Trojan-PSW.Win32.WOW.qm
- https://188.8.131.52/data6/q[REMOVED].exe - Trojan-PSW.Win32.QQPass.hn
- https://184.108.40.206/data6/c[REMOVED].exe - Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.ayv
Note: The download links may vary depending on the content of the downloaded text file.
Moreover, Agent.BAO also creates a file named autorun.inf in the directory where the copy of the trojan is located. This is used to automatically execute the trojan when the folder is opened.
Detection Type: PC