This policy is an add-on to the F-Secure privacy statement. This add-on policy focuses on 1) the type of personal and private data that we collect from you in this service and 2) what we use it for and for how long. We focus on these two items because we believe that they matter to you the most. For other aspects regarding the processing of your personal data, see the F-Secure privacy statement, which applies to all of our services.
Purposes of data collection
We collect and process the data
- so that we can send you giveaways and information relating to F-Secure services, conduct customer surveys, arrange competitions, advertise and market our services (both personalized and in aggregate), and share information and know-how about cyber security and on our services and products;
- to provide you with the services related to the Software and for customer relationship purposes to keep you protected by F-Secure's products;
- to make use of the collected data in analytics, market research, product and service development and business offering development; and
- to prevent fraudulent activities.
- Customer journey. To identify authorized users and check customer qualifications, process and track transactions such as administering accounts, shipping, invoicing, and managing licenses.
- Communicate. To send you information relating to the services, conduct customer surveys, arrange competitions, advertise and market our services to you.
Whose data is processed
F-Secure website visitors, customers taking part in F-Secure surveys and competitions, new and existing customers who have provided their data, social media influencers. In online advertising, the data is processed by advertising platforms, the data is fully anonymous for F-Secure, and no personal data is used for advertising on these platforms.
Types and sources of data
Individuals submit the following data by buying our services or registering to use them: name, email address, postal address, country, language, subscription data (licenses, used licenses).
Email marketing is done with Salesforce Marketing Cloud. SFMC is situated in the United States of America, to which data is transferred from EU.
Parts of personal data can also be made available to ecommerce partners, to the extent that disclosure of the data is necessary for the sales transaction.
For more information, see the F-Secure privacy statement.
We store customer data for 6 months after the service has expired. If a customer has given marketing consent, their data will be retained for as long as the consent is valid.
If a customer decides to withdraw their marketing consent, their data will be removed if the subscription that they have has expired 6 months or more prior to the withdrawal of consent.
Contact information for related privacy issues, the security of stored data, and your rights regarding the collected data are described in the F-Secure privacy statement.