F-Secure SENSE compliance information
F-Secure is committed to providing high quality products and services to all our customers. F-Secure products are tested and certified according to applicable laws, regulations, directives and standards per each country or region where the products are available for sale. Declarations of Conformity are kept on record and available upon request:
Attn: SENSE compliance
Tammasaarenkatu 7, P.O. Box 24
00181 Helsinki, Finland
EU Declaration of conformity
For units manufactured until 12 June 2017 (device label marking "FSE161D1-EU-01"):
F-Secure Corporation hereby declares that this product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directives 1999/5/EC and 2011/65/EU. This product is in conformity with the following standards: EN 300 328, EN 301 893, EN 301 489-01, EN 301 489-17, EN 50581, EN 62311, EN 60950-1. A copy of the European Declaration of Conformity is available upon request, see the address above.
For units manufactured from 13 June 2017 (device label marking "FSE161D1-EU-02"):
F-Secure Corporation hereby declares that this product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directives 2014/53/EU and 2011/65/EU. A copy of the European Declaration of Conformity is available upon request, see the address above.
Bluetooth: 2402–2480 MHz
2.4G WiFi (H20): 2412–2472 MHz
2.4G WiFi (H40): 2422–2462 MHz
5G WiFi (H20): 5180–5240 MHz
5G WiFi (H40): 5190–5230 MHz
5G WiFi (H80): 5210 MHz
Non-specific SRD: 5725–5825 MHz (Sub-Class 43, 5 Channels)
Bluetooth: -3.83 dBm EIRP
2.4G WiFi: 15.23 dBm EIRP
5G WiFi: 18.51 dBm EIRP
Non-specific SRD: 13.59 dBm EIRP
The device is restricted to indoor use only when operating in the 5150 to 5350 MHz frequency range.
EU Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive
Please do not dispose of this product with your with municipal or household waste. Countries in Europe have set up systems to collect and recycle electrical and electronic waste items. Contact your local authorities for information about practices established for your country.
REACH and RoHS compliance declaration
REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) is the EU regulatory framework for controlling chemical substances. RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) is the EU directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials in electronic and electrical equipment. Information of controlled substances contained in this product is available upon request, see the address above.
Federal Communication Commission statements (FCC ID: 2AGD5-FSECSE161)
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modiﬁcations or changes to this equipment. Such modiﬁcations or changes could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Federal Communication Commission (FCC) Radiation Exposure Statement:
When using this product, maintain a distance of 20cm from the body to ensure compliance with RF exposure requirements.
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada Compliance (IC: 20909-FSECSE161)
This device complies with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause interference, and
- this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
PRODUCT SAFETY INFORMATION
This section explains the safety guidelines that help protect your product from potential damage and ensure your personal safety. To reduce the risk of bodily injury, electrical shock, ﬁ re, and damage to the equipment, follow these precautions:
- Indoor use only
- AC input: 110V-240V, 50/60Hz
- Operating temperature: 0ºC to 40ºC (32ºF to 104ºF)
- Operating humidity: 10%-90% (non-condensing)
- Disconnect the product from the electrical outlet and replace the part or contact the seller in the following cases:
- The power cable or plug is damaged.
- The product has been exposed to water.
- The product has been dropped or damaged.
- The product does not operate correctly when you follow the operating instructions.
- Use only the type of external power source that is indicated on the electrical ratings label of your product.
- Always hold the plug by its sides when you connect or disconnect your product. Do not touch the metal parts of the plug.
- To turn oﬀ power completely to your product, disconnect it from the power source.
- Keep your system away from radiators and heat sources.
- Do not block cooling vents.
- Do not lay the unit ﬂ at, but keep it standing.
- Do not spill food or liquids on the product.
- Do not operate the product in a wet environment.
- Do not push any objects into the openings of the product. Doing so can cause ﬁ re or electric shock by shorting out interior components.
- Make sure that the attached devices are electrically suitable to operate with the power available in your location.
- Never force a connector into a port. Make sure that the connector matches the port and that you are connecting them in the correct position in relation to each other.
- Plug the system and peripheral power cables into properly grounded electrical outlets to help prevent electric shock.
- Use a surge suppressor, line conditioner, or uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to help protect your product from sudden, transient increases and decreases in electrical power.
- Position cables and power cables carefully so that they cannot be stepped on or tripped over. Make sure that nothing rests on any cables.
- Do not modify power cables or plugs.
- Do not open your product for any reason, even when it is unplugged. If the product needs service, see f-secure.com/sense/help.
Radio frequency (RF) exposure statement
When using the product, maintain a distance of 20cm from the body to ensure compliance with RF exposure requirements.