Router and technology
F-Secure SENSE contains a lot of groundbreaking technology to protect your connected home from threats. In this page we take a deeper look at the router itself, as well as some of the tech inside it.
The SENSE router is designed to be both convenient and effective
- Get a stronger Wi-Fi signal with SENSE's upright design and powerful 4× internal antenna
- Choose between 2.4GHz (longer reach) or 5GHz (faster speed) frequencies
- Stay informed on the security of your home using the SENSE app
Here's what it
looks like inside
IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz, 5GHz, AC1750
4 × Internal
1 × USB 3.0
1 × RJ45 Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps
3 × RJ45 Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps
BT 4.0 & BT LE
1 GHz dual-core
512 MB DDR
217 × 125 × 90 mm (8.54 × 4.88 × 3.54 in)
720 gr (1.58 lbs)
What makes the SENSE router special?
Here are just some of its unique features
Device discovery detects what kind of device is being connected to the SENSE network. This allows SENSE to adapt to its security needs, as different types of connected devices require different types of protection. For example, threats affecting your home PC are going to be very different from those affecting your smart thermostat.
IoT security detects when something unusual is happening with smart devices, sensing their traffic to provide extra protection against IoT threats. This way SENSE can protect devices with no available security software.
Always up-to-date, secure router
Vulnerabilities in the software of traditional routers can expose your connected home to online threats. Forget clumsily updating your router using a confusing web interface or USB sticks, because the SENSE router regularly and automatically updates its software in a secure manner.
Our industry-leading Security Cloud communicates with the router
The F-Secure security cloud is a modular online service used by your SENSE router to protect you, with features like:
File scanning services help lightweight client products analyze objects like apps or files for viruses without being burdensome on your device
Reputation services analyze reputation of computer networks and objects like URLs for safe surfing
Artificial Intelligence examines the file's metadata and analysis results, and either performs further analysis steps, or classifies the object as either clean or malicious
Privacy principles ensure we collect only data needed for your protection, while we respect your privacy
SENSE's technology explained
Discover how F-Secure SENSE secures your home network and protects each of the connected devices in it.
- System requirements
Broadband Internet connection.
A mobile device to run the F-Secure SENSE app is required to operate:
- iOS 9 or higher (iPad 2 not supported)
- Android 5.0 or higher
- Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE)
- Support for WPA2 WLAN encryption
- Extra security functions are available on Windows 7 (SP1) and later (32 and 64 bit), macOS 10.10 and later, and Android.
- Available language
- English, français, Nederlands, suomi, 日本語
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz, 5GHz, AC 1750
- 4 × internal
- 1 × USB 3.0 (currently USB power source only)
- 1 × RJ45 Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps
- 3 × RJ45 Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps
- BT 4.0 & BT LE
- 1 GHz Dual-core
- 512 MB DDR3
- 1 GB
- LED display
- DC: 12V 2A, AC: 110-240V, 50/60Hz 0.8A max.
- ca. 217 × 125 × 90 mm (8.54 × 4.88 × 3.54 in)