F-Secure remote support terms of service
By utilizing F-Secure Corporation remote support services, you (on behalf of yourself and / or the legal entity you represent) agree:
- to grant remote access to your computer to F-Secure's or its affiliates' or subcontractors' support personnel for the purposes of providing remote technical support and that you are authorized to grant access to computer or other device you are establishing the remote connection.
- that you are personally responsible for ensuring a valid backup of any data and applications has been made prior to any activities undertaken via the F-Secure remote support tool.
- that due to nature of certain technical problems, it may not be possible to resolve your particular problem via remote support.
- that because of complexity and variety of support cases and inevitable dependencies and reliance on third party technologies; all support is provided on "best efforts" basis and F-Secure may not be able to remedy some issues.
- that you do not have privacy, security or password sensitive applications / web pages / email open during remote support activities.
- that for reasons of providing good customer care we may help you with and offer solutions to i) certain product features that are undesirable to you and/or ii) issues arisen due to third party product, as part of our support services but provision of any help for solving and/or circumventing the abovementioned items is not deemed as acknowledgement that any such issues would constitute errors in our software or services.
- if you are granted access to a copy of F-Secure software for support resolution purposes; i) in the absence of specific license terms in the said software; all use of such software copies are subject to F-Secure end user license terms in the F-Secure commercial software you have installed on your device, or ii) in the absence of such installation; the end user license terms located here. You agree that except for the time-limited use of software for the purpose of solving your support problem, no other rights to software are granted to you.
- that all remote services and software are provided as-is and at your own risk. You acknowledge and understand that the support engineer providing you with support services is not familiar with interconnections, settings, or special applications on your device or all purposes to which your device is used for or for which the device is connected to.
- that any suggestion given by F-Secure, its affiliates or its support partner to resolve the issue is only indented for the support problem at hand and is not intended or offered as a generic advice for other purposes.
- not to hold F-Secure responsible or liable for any damages, compensations, fees or costs whether direct or indirect, consequential, incidental or otherwise and whether based on contract, tort or equity which may occur (e.g. for reasons of system reboot, data loss or corruption, system failure, unauthorized access or otherwise) and that — in the absence of wilful misconduct on its part — F‑Secure (on behalf of itself, its affiliates, its subcontractors and their officers and employees) disclaim any liability for any damages incurred in connection with the usage of this service to the fullest extent allowed by law. For the avoidance of doubt; F-Secure or its affiliates are not liable for any negligent or wilful actions of its subcontractors undertaking the said support activities.
- that unless otherwise stated below, these terms shall be governed under the laws of Finland without regard to conflict of laws rules. The courts of Finland shall have the exclusive jurisdiction and venue to adjudicate any dispute arising out of these terms. In the case of licenses purchased within or on behalf of licensees residing within the United States or operating under the laws of the United States the governing law of these terms shall be the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of laws rules and principles and without regard to the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. In such cases, the exclusive jurisdiction and venue to adjudicate any dispute arising out of these terms shall be of the federal and state courts located in California. In respect of licenses purchased by consumers residing outside Finland or the United States, these terms may be governed by the mandatory local laws of such jurisdictions.