F-Secure Router Checker
Router Checker is a free, web-based tool that checks your router's settings and detects if it may have been hijacked by criminals. If your router is compromised, every single device on your network is at risk of being hacked.
Please wait while we are checking your router…
No issues were found
Everything appears to be fine, but the check was incomplete
Service is overloaded at the moment. Please try again later!
Your browser is not supported
|Registered country code|
|Registered country name|
|Known public DNS server|
Thank you for using Router Checker
To continue safe browsing, try F-Secure SAFE for free. F-Secure SAFE is an award-winning internet security suite which protects you from viruses, trojans and ransomware.
To make sure that your router is secure, try F-Secure SAFE for free. F-Secure SAFE checks your router regularly and makes sure that you are protected against viruses and harmful files.
In the meanwhile, you can try F-Secure SAFE for free to make sure that your router is secure. F-Secure SAFE checks your router regularly and makes sure that you are protected against viruses and harmful files.
To make sure that your router is secure, please upgrade your browser or try F-Secure SAFE for free. F-Secure SAFE checks your router regularly and makes sure that you are protected against viruses and harmful files.
- Free trial for 30 days and 3 devices
- The trial period does not obligate you to buy the product
- Using the product for the trial period does not require you to provide any credit card or banking details
What is DNS hijacking and why is it harmful?
A DNS hijack means that someone has intentionally modified the settings on your router without your consent. This type of attack allows an attacker to monitor, control, or redirect your Internet traffic. For example, if your router's DNS has been hijacked, any time you visit an online banking site on any device connected to that router, you may end up being redirected to a fake version of the site.
From there, the attacker can gain access to your banking session and use it to transfer money without your knowledge. Home routers can be hacked if they contain vulnerabilities, or if they are misconfigured.
What happens if my router's DNS has been hijacked?
- DNS hijacking can alter the advertisements you see while browsing. If you start seeing inappropriate ads, such as porn ads, on normal pages that you visit, it might be a sign that you're in trouble.
- Furthermore, advertisements can be modified to trick you. If you start to see warnings or notifications indicating there's something wrong with your computer, you may be the target of DNS hijacking.
- DNS hijacks redirect your browser from popular web pages (such as social media and online banking sites) to fake versions of those sites. These fake sites collect your login credentials, personal information, and sometimes even credit card information and banking credentials.
Safeguarding your Privacy
As a privacy protection measure, all IP addresses tested are anonymized by dropping the last octet, so that the information cannot be linked to an individual user. Aggregated, anonymized data is used only to make improvements to the service, for the benefit of all users.
We always love getting feedback, so please don't hesitate to send your questions to F-Secure Community.
NOTE! Router Checker is designed for consumers, not businesses. Using it to check an office or other large network could produce inaccurate results.