Skulls.P is a combination of several previous Skulls variants. Skulls.P contains component files from Skulls.D and Skulls.N among other variants. Skulls.P also drops SymbOS/Mabir.A and several Cabir variants on the phone and component files from Fontal and Doomboot trojans. The Doomboot component dropped by Skulls.P prevents phone from rebooting, so if your phone is infected with Skulls.P, it is critical not to reboot the phone. As Skulls.P breaks the application manager and application installer, the only currently working method of disinfection works with phones that have removable memory card.
Disinfection & Removal
Disinfection with two Series 60 phones
CAUTION! This method will work only with phones where memory card can be inserted without removing the phone battery.
- 1. Install F-Skulls.sis into infected phones memory card with a clean phone
- 2. Put the memory card with F-Skulls into infected phone
- 3. The F-Skulls starts automatically upon insertion and frees menu and application manager
- 4. Go to application manager and uninstall the SIS file in which you installed the Skulls.P
- 5. Download and install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus onto your computer to remove other malware dropped by the Skulls.P, or download directly onto the mobile phone itself
- 6. Remove the F-Skulls with application manager as the phone is now cleaned
Disinfection for the cases when phone is already rebooted and cannot start up
CAUTION! this method will remove all data on the device including calendar and phone numbers
Sometimes Doomboot.F installs the corrupted file on memory card, so try to boot without the card. If the phone still does not boot use the instructions below.
- 1. Power off the phone
- 2. Hold following three buttons down "answer call" + "*" + "3"
- 3. Keep holding the buttons and power on the phone
- 4. Depending on the model, you either get text "formatting" or startup dialog that
- asks for initial phone settings
- 5. Your phone is now fomatted and can be used again
Spreading in: Doom_v1.5_with_Sound_MMC__by_NewLC.sis
Generic detection that detects Skulls.P was published for F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
on December 13th, 2004 in
Detection Type: Mobile
Database: database build number 15
Description Created: Jarno Niemela September 26th, 2005