A program that secretly and maliciously integrates itself into program or data files. It spreads by integrating itself into more files each time the host program is run.
Once detected, the F-Secure security product will automatically disinfect the suspect file by either deleting it or renaming it.
Manual disinfection of this virus can be performed as follows:
- Disable network sharing or disconnect the machine from the network
- Set F-Secure Anti-Virus's real-time (on-access) scanner action to 'Disinfect Automatically'
- Scan ALL files (not just selected ones) on all hard drives
- Disinfect all infected files and delete all files that can't be disinfected
- Restart the computer
- Scan all files again to ensure that no more infected files are left
- Disinfect all other computers on the network before enabling sharing or connecting the network
Please make sure that the computer is disconnected from the network while disinfection is performed and that all computers in the same network are disinfected. Otherwise the virus will re-infect already disinfected computers on the network.
As the virus installs a dropper with a TMP extrension on the hard drive, it is recommended to add the TMP extension to the list of scanned extensions for both on-demand and real-time scanners.
Virus:W32/Parite is a memory-resident polymorphic virus that infects executable files with EXE and SCR extensions.
The virus can also infect files on connected network drives.
Parite installs a dropper file onto the system.