Top 4 Online Privacy & Security Challenges Solved, With Just One Snoop-Stopping Button
New F-Secure Freedome offers encryption and anonymous surfing, while collecting no personal data for privacy and security from start to finish.
Helsinki, Finland – March 25, 2014: Take that, NSA. F-Secure is launching the latest in a string of privacy-conscious apps. This time, the Europe-based security company offers users online anonymity with a unique combination of connection, tracking, browsing and malware protection, all in a light, cloud-based app. To top it off, F-Secure Freedome does not collect any personal data or require registration, so users are anonymous even to F-Secure.
Months of Snowden revelations have made it clear there’s a lot more to online privacy and security than using strong passwords. Among the leaks: reports of governments collecting users’ IP addresses, location information and tracking cookies. Governments aside, there’s also the online tracking of users by advertisers and data profilers. It’s enough to frustrate any privacy-conscious consumer. But with Freedome, users have a simple, intuitive way to solve the top four online privacy issues with just one button:
1. Unsecured communications. On an unencrypted connection, users’ email traffic and online interactions can be spied on. Public WiFi, for example, is just not safe for anything personal, even if it requires a password. Hackers can steal login credentials and other private data by sniffing out public WiFi traffic, or by attracting unsuspecting users to their own rogue WiFi network. Freedome’s Connection Protection, the VPN technology at its core, shields users’ privacy with encryption, even on public WiFi. It’s like having “https” for every site you visit online.
2. Tracking and profiling. Wherever you go online, whatever you do, you’re being tracked and profiled by the sites you visit and the apps and search engines you use. Freedome keeps users anonymous by blocking web and in-app tracking, so advertisers can’t tap into your data.
3. Location, location, location. Without an extra privacy layer, websites can tell where you are in the world. Every computer or mobile device has a unique IP address that gives its general physical location, as well as operating system, browser, and other data. Freedome masks the user’s IP address with an F-Secure IP address from a choice of countries, so the outside world cannot track your actual location. Currently users can set their virtual location to the US, UK, Germany or Finland. More countries will be added in the near future.
The ability to choose virtual location means travelers and expats can access content from their own country that would otherwise be restricted while abroad. And some e-commerce sites inflate prices for things like hotels or plane tickets depending on where a user is surfing from. With Freedome, users can be somewhere completely different, free from the bounds of geography.
4. Hackers, malware and harmful sites. Most malware is motivated by money – hackers want to access your device and steal your financial credentials or your personal details, or just trick you into thinking you need to pay up. To protect your identity, your bank account and your device, you need online security. Freedome’s Virus Protection and Browsing Protection protect users’ privacy from online criminals.
True privacy online, front to back
Freedome’s stand on privacy and anonymity doesn’t stop at what the app can do. It also extends to what the app collects from the user, which is no personal details whatsoever. Freedome doesn’t log users’ traffic, usernames, or contact details. There’s no registration required and it doesn’t access the data on a user’s device. Freedome users are totally anonymous from start to finish – even from F-Secure.
“Some say that loss of privacy is simply the price we pay to live in the digital age,” says Samu Konttinen, Executive Vice President, Consumer Security at F-Secure. “We say no way. We’re Finns who love technology and privacy, and we say both can exist together. If you’d like to take back your digital liberties and defend your privacy, join the Freedome movement.”
Freedome sets a new bar for user experience in the security industry with its intuitive, informative design and overall simplicity. Its clean, one-button interface has won praise from early adopters for ease of use. Freedome is a next-generation privacy and security product that’s fully enabled by cloud security. Being in the cloud rather than on the device, it’s always up-to-date, powerful and effective, as well as light to use. Freedome is browser independent.
Free trial available in Google Play and in Apple App Store
F-Secure Freedome is available in the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, and Russia for Android 4.0.3 and later, and iOS 7.0 and later. Windows and Mac versions are coming soon. Get a one-week free trial in Google Play or in the Apple App Store, followed by two auto-renewable subscription options:
• Monthly subscription for €4.49 / $4.99 / £2.99
• Yearly subscription for €26.99 / $29.99 / £20.99
A Google Play or Apple App Store subscription covers all your Android or iOS devices.
While you concentrate on what is important to you, we make sure you are protected and safe online whether you are using a computer or a smartphone. We also backup and enable you to share your important files. Our services are available through over 200 operators around the world and trusted in millions of homes and businesses. Founded in 1988, F-Secure is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd.