F-Secure Mobile Security selected to power TalkTalk MobileSafe
Over 200,000 UK TalkTalk Mobile handset and SIM customers to benefit from free Android-compatible mobile security app
London, UK, 21st August 2013 — F-Secure has been selected to power TalkTalk MobileSafe™, an innovative new Android-compatible mobile security app. Available free to all TalkTalk Mobile handset and SIM customers, TalkTalk MobileSafe offers a complete solution to protect users' content, devices and privacy.
Based upon F-Secure's comprehensive Mobile Security package, MobileSafe will provide TalkTalk Android customers with anti-virus, safe browsing, anti-theft, parental controls and call/SMS filtering.
TalkTalk already offers the UK's safest broadband connection with HomeSafeTM, its unique whole home security solution, and the Super Safe Boost provided by F-Secure. Extending the relationship to cover TalkTalk Mobile devices, the ISP is now able to protect customers and their families on any internet-connected device in any location.
F-Secure Mobile Security is a complete security suite that protects mobile devices from all common mobile threats, such as viruses, malware, spyware and Trojans. The anti-theft feature helps guard against mobile device loss and theft.
If a smartphone is lost or stolen, the user is able to locate, lock and wipe the entire contents of the device, keeping all personal content safe. F-Secure Mobile Security also offers call and SMS filtering, ensuring that any unwanted or nuisance calls or texts are blocked from reaching the device. Finally, the powerful parental control functions help parents to keep children safe by controlling the online content accessed on a smartphone or tablet.
"It's important for us to continually provide our customers with the best solutions that meet their needs, across all their internet-ready devices," explained Dan Meader, director of TalkTalk Mobile. "More than 200,000 customers are already with TalkTalk Mobile.
"As a trusted provider of internet services to our broadband customers, with our Super Safe Boost, provided by F-Secure, and TalkTalk's unique HomeSafe filtering solution being used in more than a million British homes, the next logical step is for us to extend our leadership in online safety to our mobile customers."
Allen Scott, managing director of F-Secure UK & Ireland, explained, "Consumers are using their smartphones just as much, if not more, than their PCs and Macs now. As a result, they are looking to their mobile provider to ensure that their mobile experience is safe and secure. TalkTalk is well positioned to capitalise on this market need using MobileSafe."
Pricing and availability
TalkTalk MobileSafe will be available for free for all existing and new TalkTalk Mobile handset and SIM customers. To use TalkTalk MobileSafe customers simply download the app from the Google Play App store and activate their chosen security features on their smartphone.
- TalkTalk is one of seven partners behind YouView (www.youview.com), the internet-connected TV service, along with the BBC, ITV, BT, Channel 4, Arqiva and Five. YouView launched to UK homes in 2012. Visit www.talktalk.co.uk
- TalkTalk is the UK's leading value-for-money provider of fixed line broadband, voice telephony, TV and mobile services to consumers and business users
- Under the TalkTalk, AOL Broadband and TalkTalk Business brands, TalkTalk serves 4 million customers across the UK
- TalkTalk operates a fully unbundled network, which extends to over 2,798 exchanges and covers more than 96% of the UK population
- TalkTalk is the only ISP to provide HomeSafe™, our unique and groundbreaking network-level security and safety service, free of charge, exclusively to our customers. HomeSafe™ protects every device in the home using a TalkTalk broadband connection and since launch has been activated by more than 1.2 million customers
- HomeSafe™ was awarded the Best Value Home Broadband Award in the uSwitch Broadband Awards 2013, the Broadband Innovation Award in the uSwitch Broadband Awards 2012, and the Internet Service Providers' Association 2012 Award for Internet Safety and Security. In Simplifydigital's 2011 Customer Choice Awards, TalkTalk's Essentials package was awarded Best Value Broadband and Home Phone Bundle
- Customers can use TalkTalk's website, www.talktalk.co.uk to manage their account, use their webmail, resolve their problems and access a range of information and entertainment content
We protect our customers' irreplaceable digital content and online interactions. Anytime, anywhere, on any device.
F-Secure is the global leader in providing security as a service through operators. F-Secure is now also expanding into content cloud space and offering tremendous opportunities for operators and their customers in providing a compelling range of solutions that are tailored to the needs of the operator community that goes beyond Internet security.
Our content cloud and Internet security services are available through over 200 operators in more than 40 countries around the world and trusted in millions of homes and businesses. We have 20 offices globally with over 940 employees. F-Secure Corporation is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd. since 1999.
For more information, please contact
Tel. +44 (0)7720 677 032