Use these free utility programs to scan and remove malicious programs; evaluate your computer's security profile; access an infected, non-starting computer and manually download antivirus program updates.
Tools and instructions for manually downloading definition database for F-Secure products for both Windows and Linux.
Note: for more information on the latest database updates, check our DBTracker.
- Manual Update Using "Check Now": Windows
- Manual Update Using fsdbupdate: Windows
- Rescue CD
- Spam Definition Databases
- F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security
- F-Secure Anti-Virus for Workstations
- F-Secure Protection Service for Business (PSB) Workstation Security
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 20xx
- F-Secure Internet Security 20xx
Open the Anti-Virus user interface by double clicking the "F" icon on Windows task bar. Start the database update process by clicking on the "Check Now" link on the Home pane.
- F-Secure Anti-Virus products for Windows (version 9 and 10)
- PSB Workstation Security
- F-Secure Policy Manager (version 10)
Download and execute the fsdbupdate utility fsdbupdate9.exe from our download server. The fsdbupdate utility contains all databases (Antivirus, Spyware, Spam, Parental, etc).
- F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper for Linux (version 4)
- F-Secure Policy Manager (version 9 and 10)
- Rescue CD
Download and run the fsdbupdate9.run utility from our download server.
Download and run the fsdbupdate9-packed.run utility from our download server.
You can also update Spam Definition Databases for F-Secure Email and Server Security and F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange with F-Secure Spam Control.
Download Spam Definition Databases, then manually update the spam database using the following instructions:
Instructions for manually updating the spam database
- Stop the F-Secure Content Scanner Server by either:
- Clicking the "Stop" button on the product's Web Console's Content Scanner Server / Summary page, OR
- Stopping the F-Secure Content Scanner Server Daemon service through Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services applet.
- Unzip the downloaded file to the %Program Files%\F-Secure\Spam Control\ directory.
- If the product is installed in a non-default directory, unzip the file there instead.
- When unzipping the file, check that the setting "Use Folder Names" (or equivalent) is selected is selected.
- When prompted to overwrite existing files, select "Yes".
- Start the F-Secure Content Scanner Server by either:
- Clicking the "Start" button on the product's Web Console's Content Scanner Server / Summary page, OR
- Starting the F-Secure Content Scanner Server Daemon service through Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services applet.
For certain cases, a legacy removal tool may be necessary. Legacy tools are stored on our FTP server.
Note: these tools are no longer supported or maintained; they are provided 'as is'.